Department of Law
IntroductionDepartment of Law was established in 2011 in SBBU Sheringal Dir (U). The Department of Law is committed to encourage the values of professional skills, dignity, impartiality, honesty, innovation, excellence and devotion in students. To provide quality education this distinguishes them in international arena and to make them icons of legal profession and symbol of pride for the nation.
- To inculcate in students a broad understanding of the social, political and economic contexts within which the Pakistani and global legal system operates.
- Equip students with knowledge and understanding of the fundamental doctrines and principles of Law.
- Develop the intellectual and practical skills necessary for employment in the legal profession and other career.
- Judiciary and Judicial Administration.
- Civil Services of Pakistan
- Legal practice /Entrepreneurships
- Legal Academics
- Legal advisor ship in national and international organizations.
- Consultants in national and international Donors agencies.
- Consultants in international NGO.
The details of the breakup of the proposed LLB degree programme is as following:
- Eligibility/ Pre-requisite for admission: FA/FSc or Equivalent
- Total number of credit hours: 166
- Duration: 5 years
- Semester duration: 16-18 weeks
- Course load per semester: 15-18 credit hours
- Number of courses per semester: 5-6 Courses
- 10 compulsory courses of 28 credits
- 08 general and non-law courses of 24 credits
- 34 law specific and major courses of 102 credits
- 4 elective courses within the major courses
- The scheme of studies is in accordance with the HEC standards.