OFFICE OF RESEARCH INNOVATION AND COMMERCIALIZATION (ORIC)
The objective of the establishment of the Offices of Research, Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC) is to develop, expand, enhance and manage the university’s research programs and to link research activities directly to the educational, social and economic priorities of the university and its broader community. The ORIC is also responsible for assuring that the quality of research reflects the highest international standards and advances the stature of the university among the world’s best research institutions.In pursuit of this mission the ORIC has the responsibility of guaranteeing that all research programs and policies reflect the core values of academic freedom, professional integrity and ethical conduct and full compliance with all policies, legal requirements and operational standards of the university.
The ORIC seeks to enhance the environment for all research and scholarship by:
- Supporting the university’s strategic research directions and policies
- Increasing and diversifying external research funding
- Improving recruitment and retention of top faculty
- Improving integration of research and education at all levels of the university
- Improving translation of research into the public benefit
- Strengthening university-industry relationships
- Promoting entrepreneurship, technology-transfer and commercialization activities that energize and support the local and national economy
- Promoting and enhancing cross-cutting and multi-disciplinary research initiatives
All correspondence to ORIC shall be made through the office of Quality Enhancement Cell, SBBU, Sheringal. The related information can be obtained from the following link.
Dr. Gul Shahzada Khan
Dr. Farman Ali Khan